OPM Retirement Banner

Self-Certification Help


Log In Help


You can use this website if you receive benefits as a student from the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS). To use it, you need your "CSF" claim number and your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your PIN is the random number we sent you.

In the field, labeled Claim Number, please enter the letter “F” and your seven-digit, numeric claim number, please include the alphabetic character suffix, such as "A", "B", or "C".

In the field labeled PIN, please enter the eight-character Personal Identification Number we sent to you. If you do not have a PIN or your PIN is missing or lost, please contact us.

Once you have entered this information, please select the Login button to continue.

You will not be able to access and use this website if you were not paid benefits for more than a year. If you have not received benefits in more than a year, but you have returned to school and want to certify your attendance so that you may again receive benefits, please complete and return Form RI 25-41, “Initial Certification of Full-Time School Attendance,” http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/ri25-041.pdf.